Tattoo Model; Daniel Mårs
We are happy to present this interview with Swedish Tattoo Model, Daniel Mårs. We hope you will enjoy it and don’t forget to leave a comment below.
Hello and welcome to MediaZink. Can you please tell us a little bit about who you are?
– Hello and thank you! My name is Daniel Mårs, also known as dannemars on Instagram. I live in Stockholm, Sweden together with my girlfriend and my daughter. I´m a nurse, model and tattoo collector.
All right, so you are a male tattoo model. What made you start doing all of that?
– I got my first tattoo when I was 17 and quickly get addicted to it, I just wanted more after that and I will not stop getting tattooed until I think I´m finished. I started to do modeling 2018, because I wanted to try to be photographed by a professional photographer, after I saw the photos I quickly understood that it was something I wanted to do more. I´m happy that I made the decision to challenge myself but also grow as a person. Now, I can´t stop doing modeling, I just love it.
When did you start to collect tattoos?
– The first tattoo I got was a Tribal on my upper arm that I got when I was 17, but it´s now covered up after some laser removal. When I got my first tattoo, I remember that I needed to have a signature from my mom before I could get it done but it was back than, my tattoo addiction started.
Who has worked on you, so far?
– I don´t really remember all the tattoo artists that have worked on me, it´s a lot! But my favorite two artists that have tattooed me is Fru Duva and Jacob Zamore, it´s also them that has tattooed me the most.
Which tattoo is your favorite, and why?
– I have two favorites; my chestpiece and backpiece since they both really represent what I love in the art of tattoos.
Which tattoo was the most painful to get?
– For me, it was my neck. You could not move and with your head resting against a toilet paper roll, It was not comfortable at all. How it hurts depends on your pain threshold and that can change from day to day.
How is heavily tattooed people looked at your country?
– 10 years ago or so, people thought the only guys with a lot of tattoos are criminals or sailors, basically but now it´s not like that at all. I guess it´s different from city to city as well, but for me who lives in Stockholm I think people are more accustomed to extreme looks etc. If you have a lot of tattoos, of course people will look but it gets more and more accepted every day. In Sweden nowadays, it´s almost hard to find a person with no tattoos at all. Be who you are and be proud of it.
Do you do a lot of traveling?
– I don´t travel that much unfortunately, I would love to travel more. My next destination is Thailand in a couple of days, with the family. Thailand is also one of my favorite places with great people, food and sun. A dream of mine is to visit Bali, which will be my next destination
Have you been at any tattoo convention, or are you planning to go?
– I have been at Stockholm Ink Bash many times, one time at Svenska Tatueringsmässan and one time at 50 Shades of Ink Helsingborg. The next one for me this year is Stockholm Ink Bash but I would love to visit some international conventions in the future.
What is your future plans, with modeleing and collection tattoos?
– When it comes to the modeling, I still have the feeling that I have to learn and that I can grow. I would also love to work with some new photographers etc. For me, it´s important to have photoshoots with people who challenge you and make you try new stuff. When it comes to getting tattooed, I don´t have many free spots left so the last few spots I have, I will save for tattoo artists who are my close friends.
Where can people see more of you and your work?
You can all see me on Instagram at DanneMars
See more interviews, articles, galleries, convention coverage etc
at MEDIAZINK.COM – It´s all about ART