Denis Kalina; Surreal Tattooing With A Realistic Twist:
Denis Kalina, a frighteningly young tattoo artist from Ukraine, who has already developed his own style. We are not sure what his parents put into this kids food. But it seems unreal for someone to be this good, at such a young age and after such a short time. But we were baffled by his interesting and peculiar style, combining his own futuristic ornamental tattooing with this photo realistic (animal) images. On top of that he throws this amazing neon like colors into his pieces, that make them pop and come to life.
1. Where are you from? What age are you? and how long have you been tattooing for?
I’m from Ukraine, 22 years old. I have been tattooing for 1,5 years.
2. The name of your current studio and where is it located?
I’m working in “Pain street tattoo”, that is located in Kharkov, Ukraine.
3. How would you describe your style of tattooing/the style of your tattoos?
4. What is it you love about that style?
5. What is your favourite thing about being a tattoo artist?
The most important thing is that client smile after my work.
6. What got you into tattooing?
7. What inspires your tattoos(and art) the most?
8. What is your favourite tattoo you have ever done or seen?
9. Do you have a dream tattoo, that you want to do on someone in the future?
10. Do you have any future plans, you would like your fans and the readers at Mediazink, to know about?
Final Comment and Gallery:
Denis Kalina might be young, but he got into tattooing, in a crazy way that makes you think back to the stories, some of the old timers tell you about their start. But don’t let that scare you, as you can see below, the kid already knows his stuff and he will be one to certainly watch out for if he keeps improving. We are sure he will get to chase his dreams within the tattoo industry.